love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanks Be To God

"Thank the Lord because he is good.  His love continues forever."  Psalm 106:1

"Worship is when you're aware that what you've been given
is far greater than what you can give. 
Worship is the awareness that were it not for his touch,
you'd still be hobbling and hurting, bitter and broken. 
Worship is the half-glazed expression on the parched face of a desert pilgrim
 as he discovers that the oasis is not a mirage.

Worship is the "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
...
Worship is a voluntary act of gratitude offered
by the saved to the Savior,
by the healed to the Healer,
and by the delivered to the Deliverer."

(excerpt from In the Eye of the Storm by Max Lucado)


I am so thankful for worship.  I am so thankful for those God has called to serve him through the Church.  Today I am so thankful for a pew to kneel in, a choir to raise their voice to heaven, a congregation to slip into and gather with to say my confessions, to share the Peace of the Lord, to gather in remembrance that Christ died for me and that my life is my offering, my Thank You.  I am thankful for all those who came before me in the history of the Anglican Tradition who developed these liturgies of Holy Eucharist and Evensong so that I might sit and just be and open myself to the Spirit moving through this world, as it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever. 

Thank You and Amen.  Thank You and Amen.  Thank You and Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment