love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My house is quiet

My house is so quiet and I am not sure what to do?

This September all my kids will be in school full-time, for the first time. It has been 12 years since I have had little ones hanging on me and I have been waiting excitedly for this day...hmmm.

My girls are gone to the beach, my boys are with a friend at the waterpark - although a thunderstorm just rolled in so they will probably head home soon. Poor guys they probably only got to swim for an hour and they LOVE this waterpark.

I couldn't wait for this moment of silence today. Then it came and I got lost? I should go to the grocery store (we are still eating poptarts for every meal, except for the occassional bag of popcorn), but I have no list and can't seem to sit down and make one. I really want to read this book, but I should finish this other one first. I sent a few e-mails, worked on a chart, contacted a few places for info for some ministry work I am developing. Folded a load of laundry. Really I paced around my house a lot thinking about how quiet it was. Considered a nap? music? tv? Nope just walking around.

I wonder how I will react this September? It has been so long since I had any free, quiet unplanned time. Knowing myself I will have a plan in place so I can check off items. This would be the perfect time to make that plan...mmm nope.

Watching the thunderstorm from my comfy chair sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment