love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Present Time

I bought myself a present ;-) and it came today.  Such a nice surprise!

I was going to ask for this for my birthday from my husband and kids but I am leading Morning Prayer and will receive critique and feedback at my next class, so I splurged.  It is a Prayer Book and Hymnal combined!  Leather bound and I am going to have my name put on the cover (at some point).  I am as excited as 4 year old on Christmas morning.  I am leading worship tomorrow for Morning Prayer and I think I will use it.  I have always used my little paperback version with my photograph bookmarks - I think I will still have to stash a few photos in it.

Also...since this feels like true confession Tuesday - I got Celtic Daily Prayer; prayers and readings from northumbria community and Celtic Prayers From Iona by J. Philip Newell and A Contemporary Celtic Prayer Book by William John Fitzgerald.

I keep feeling called to an evening worship service - for about a year and a half now.  I haven't discerned what it fully means yet.  I am trying to be patient.  But I have used some prayers out of these books and thought they would be perfect for my little growing library.  A feast for my soul.  Happy Birthday (early) to me!



The Celtic Service

St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Richmond, Va

No comments:

Post a Comment