love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cry To The Lord

What do you do when a friend is in pain?  What do you do when relationships break, when someone's heart breaks, when someone's will to fight breaks, when the diagnosis is terminal, when the interview doesn't result in the much needed job, when a child can't be rescued from life's struggles, when time doesn't heal, when there aren't any answers only mounting questions, when someone's only prayer can be "do not forsake me"? 

All I can do is pray.

"Hear my prayer, O LORD, listen to my cry for help;
be not deaf to my weeping."  Psalm 39:12

"I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy."  Psalm 142:1

"Hear my prayer, O LORD;
let my cry for help come to you."  Psalm 102:1

"Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth."  Psalm 54:2


No comments:

Post a Comment