love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Friday, October 29, 2010

My Sabbath - My Office

Success indeed! 

I went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store yesterday and had such a God moment.  I must mention - I HATE shopping, I mean HATE it.  I would rather do just about anything than go shopping.  That being said I enjoy going to the Re-Store and the Thrift stores run by our non-profit homeless shelters to financially sustain our shelters.  They have quirky stuff and you can tell some loved and treasured items. 

You know how I have been praying about a desk and you know that thrift stores of any kind are hit or miss.  I walked in and there it was - my hope chest!  For a year my family has been trying to create just the right hope chest for our front porch.  Every month we put out a family newsletter that shares a tidbit about our family, a tidbit about our county homeless needs and then we do a monthly donation drive for urgent needs.  I found the "just right" chest at the Re-store.  It is perfect.  We are going to paint it.  I am hoping my oldest dd stencils hope chest on it and then I want all the kids to do their hand prints on it.  I can't wait!  All in God's time.  Who would have thought it would take a year to find what we had envisioned from the beginning.

Then, right behind the chest was my desk.  I am not sure I had anything exact in my mind but this desk has 4 filing drawers in it (which I desperately need more filing space for all my ministry and school work, I find the greatest pieces of paper where I have notes written or prayers typed up and need a file to stash everything before I lose it.)  It has a long top surface so I can have my monitor on it and spread out papers to study and still have books on it.  It is not as deep as I would have liked but hey, can't be too picky - especially considering it is the same exact wood and color of the filing cabinet I have in the office!

I thought I would just throw the desk in when I took out the smaller desk, mmm nope.  My hubby thought we needed to completely rearrange the room.  I am wiped out, moving furniture all around the house but he was completely right.  The room isn't "just right" yet, but that just gives me more opportunity to pray about what is missing.  ;-)  I am very excited to work in here.  I am sad to see my comfy chair go.  I know it needed to move out of the room but I miss it already.  It was the perfect sit in with my tea or coffee and watch the sunrise chair. 

Since we were sorting through all my "stuff" here is a prayer I found written on a random piece of paper - definitely filing this one:

"God of superabundant gifts, you return many times more than I can ever dream of.  I am blessed to share in a give-and-take where I can never match in my giving the blessings that return.  All glory and thanks to you."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment