love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Never Hide Your Feelings From God

"God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears.  Look at him; give him your warmest smile.  Never hide your feelings from him.  When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot."  (Psalm 34:4-6; The Message)

I remember my prayers.  I don't remember the exact words, but I remember my posture, I remember my feelings.  I was desperate, I called out to God to break my chains and free my Spirit.  I prayed for years, but it wasn't until I really prayed and opened my soul that God could begin to work on me and in me.  What I mean is I didn't hide my feelings in flowery prayer, what I was supposed to say or anothers written words.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  I got on my knees and cried out, I sobbed, my nose ran and I didn't have a tissue, my face crinkled in that squishy way it does when you cry and you just can't stop.  I surrendered.  I let God know that I finally got it, I couldn't do it on my own, had no desire to do it on my own. 

Then God answered my prayers.  My spiritual director suggested a fast.  I rolled my eyes like a disgusted teenager (I have one in my house, I know that look)!  I had no idea this was an answer to my prayer.  It was about 10 weeks into my fast that I realized what God had done.   How many other times have I not realized an answer to a prayer that was delivered straight to me?   (maybe it was an answer I didn't want to hear?  wasn't ready to hear?)

God met me more than halfway and he continues to run the marathon with me.  God listened to my prayers all those years and patiently waited for me to be ready to receive the answer.  Only the grace of God could contain such amazing patience.  I wonder what else God is patiently waiting for me to surrender...

 
Recipe 2:  Dr. Oz's Lunch Drink, taken from his 3 day Detox Cleanse
 
4 Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
1 Cup kale Leaves
1/2 Green Apple
1/2 Lime
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1 Cup Pineapple
 
Cheers as you give God your warmest smile!
 
Blessed Be!


"I bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with his praise.

2 I live and breathe God;
if things aren’t going well, hear this and be happy:
3 Join me in spreading the news;
together let’s get the word out.
4 God met me more than halfway,
he freed me from my anxious fears.
5 Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from him.
6 When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
7 God’s angel sets up a circle
of protection around us while we pray.
8 Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him."  (Psalm 34:1-8; The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment