love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Friday, February 4, 2011

My Sabbath My Heart

Today is my sabbath and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with my hubby; spinach and tomato egg white omelet with fresh fruit.  Today is Go Red For Women day!  Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women.  Wear red and tell your favorite ladies to get their heart checked.  Help them to exercise, eat right, stop smoking and relax!  Women are born as caregivers and caretakers and often take the weight of the world upon their shoulders.  Hug a lady today and remind her to live for today and smile in Joy!



I am so thankful for the doctors and nurses who performed my open heart surgery and cared for me before and after 32 years ago.  I was born with a congenital heart defect - the same an uncle of mine was born with and died from.  Technology had come along further for me and saved my life.  Technology has come so far that babies with my defect can be detected in utero and corrected in utero!  Amazing!  Thanks be to God!

Every day I wake up alive and breathing and kicking for a new adventure I praise God.  God saved my life so many times as a child and the surgery was one of the biggest savings.  How can I do anything but live my life in love and response to that saving? 

I am not special or unique - God loves all of us and saves all of us - when was the last time you considered God's saving grace in your life?

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast".  Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment