love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

CASA

Court Appointed Special Advocate.

I woke up thinking about CASAs.  About 10 years ago I looked into being a CASA but I couldn't commit the time with my full-time job and 2 babies at home.  I worked for a federal judge at the time and he was telling me how it all worked and the concept intrigued me.

After my last blathering post (sorry that really should have been 2 separate posts, guess I had to get it all out!) I slept like a baby with many dreams.  Woke up thinking of course, it is time to see what is going on with the CASA program in my county.

CASAs are volunteers who advocate on behalf of an assigned child/youth.  This is so the child has a voice in the justice system when the adults in their life may not be in full agreement. 

hmmm me - an advocate for youth who don't have a voice in the system.  As my husband would say - that is a no brainer, what are you waiting for?

"‘If any of you put a stumbling-block before one of these little ones who believe in me,* it would be better for you if a great millstone were hung around your neck
and you were thrown into the sea." Mark 9:42

No comments:

Post a Comment