love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Monday, July 12, 2010

VBS Day One - Who Am I?

Really? Who Am I is the first lesson for my kiddos at VBS today? I couldn't help but laugh. A question I have been kicking around for the past 4 days and it is the topic today. God has a serious sense of humor!

The kids learned a great song about how God tells them they are special and wonderfully made - how true, how true. There are a lot of people who don't grow up knowing this or forget they once knew during times of teenage angst or the trials of adulthood. Knowing that just who they are, as they are is a good and joyful thing. There isn't anything you "have to do" to "earn" God's Love. Okay there is one thing, and sometimes one of the hardest things you will ever do: You have to accept His Love, His wonderful and perfect and unconditional, extraordinary Love! All for you.

My throat hurts this afternoon. I went back to Bikram Yoga this morning for the first time after a long hiatus. The first (and last) exercise of the class is Breathing. Amazing that just the exercise of consciously breathing for a few minutes, really breathing, inhaling God's Love, exhaling my personal sins and toxins, can cause me to have a bit of a sore throat because I normally don't allow myself the time and space to breathe adequately.

The magnificence of this breathing (and why I am joyful about my sore throat) is that it is enough for God. All He wants me to do is to breathe and Be who He created me to be. It is enough for Who I Am; wonderfully and fearfully made and greatly loved and cherished by my Creator, precious in His sight. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment