love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ask Me

"Ask me if what I have done is my life".
William Stafford

I had ELI yesterday - Episcopal Leadership Institute.  LOVED it.  Practical, tangible, effective tools for ministry work.  Most of my classmates have multiple degrees and have learned management theories and leadership concepts.  I don't and I haven't.  I generally fly by the seat of my pants.  A wing and a prayer.

You know the movie "Finding Nemo" where Dori the fish is swimming cluelessly and keeps repeating "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."  That is me.  Except my mantra is "just keep praying, just keep praying".

I find the above quote intriguing.  "Ask me if what I have done is my life".  I understand what the author is getting at.  But couple that quote with one from C.S. Lewis "You don't have a soul.  You are a soul.  You have a body."

What I do is who I am and who I am expresses itself in what I do.  If this isn't true I am not living an authentic Christ centered life.  The day I woke up to Grace and surrendered my life to God I became who I am.  It hasn't always been that way for me.  I thank God for being patient with me and continually seeking me when I was lost - and on the days that I stumble and get lost again.  I pray He never stops reaching out for me. 

Just keep praying, just keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment