love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sometimes God says Go!

I have been at my sponsoring parish for 6-7 years and yesterday I said goodbye. 

I am taking this week off - how strange to not be preparing for Pentecost Sunday at Church - preparing for the descent of the Holy Spirit celebrating the 'birthday' of the church.  I was able to preach a couple of times yesterday and one of my sermons I spoke about God answering our Prayers.  I talked about sometimes God says "Yes", sometimes God says, "Wait" and sometimes God says, "No"!

For me now, God is saying "Go"! 

"I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.’"  Joshua 1:9

I feel like a baby bird leaping out of the nest.  My sponsoring church is my family, they have raised me up and loved me, fed me, cared for me and watched me grow.  They have both protected me and nudged me out of my comfort zones pushing me bit by bit closer to the edge of the nest.

Here I Go!

I woke up this morning to the hymn "On Eagles Wings" playing through my soul.  Does that happen to you?  Do you ever wake up to music?  The verse "I will raise you up" kept going through my mind.  I have been raised up and now it is time to take flight and see where God might take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment