love...joy...peace...patience...kindness...goodness...faithfulness...gentleness...self-control

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beginning Again

Beginning - the point at which something comes into existence.

Every ending is a beginning just as every beginning is an ending.

This blog started out for me as a way to journal, write, meditate on how God was forming me through the process of discerning that I was being called into ministry. This really has been a place for me to put my 2am ramblings when our relentless God has woken me up and won't let me go.

Now I have finished school, taken my exams and begun my Practicum at my new Church.  I read a lot of blogs and at this point in most people's process they close their first blog and begin a new one. I have been contemplating that change for about 6 months. Do I stop blogging? Do I start a new blog?

I thought about stopping. Then I found out my blog is being shared among some churches and Mom's groups and outreach ministries. I was encouraged not to stop. So should I start a new one or refocus this one?

I really still feel called to this blog - but I also really feel called to become more intentional about sharing God's call in my life as a minister, mother and wife. How do I as an ordinary person, living an ordinary life hear God? And upon hearing God how do I act upon His Voice?

Today is the feast day of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mary doesn't get much play in the Episcopal Church. I consider Mary to be the ultimate example of human servanthood, the great "Here I am Lord, let it be as you will", she lived her life as a living sacrifice. So it seems appropriate on her feast day to renew my commitment to sharing my story of God's call in my life and truly what that means for any person who happens to read this blog - to consider how God is calling you and what will you decide to do with that call? How will you let the Holy Spirit live into your experience, will you see with the eyes of Christ, will you hear with the ears of Christ, will you feel with the heart of Christ, will you serve with the hands and feet of Christ? Will you accept your place at the table? Will you acknowledge your giftedness and bring it into the Body of Christ and share your Light with all the world?

I hope we can all respond, "I will, with God's help"!

So the blog stays, Grace is still Meeting this Girl and blessings overflow. I will be inviting guest writers to join me with their stories and will be adding book recommendations and a few other fun things. If you have something you would like to share just let me know.  The more we share how the Living Word moves through us the more sacred space we create.  Let us remember the Blessed Virgin Mary today as she went to her cousin Elizabeth and shared her story of the Angel Gabriel coming to her announcing she was "destined to bear the One Who was Himself the beginning of the New Covenant".  (James Kiefer)

Cheers to Beginning Again!

"Father in heaven, by whose grace the virgin mother of your incarnate Son was blessed in bearing him, but still more blessed in keeping your word: Grant us who honor the exaltation of her lowliness to follow the example of her devotion to your will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever." Amen!  (Holy Women, Holy Men)

No comments:

Post a Comment